Everyone knows it's about the shoes

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

True Heeling of the Sole


(Ashley and I at "Modern Atlanta" fashion show she put together)

This past weekend I got to spend some quality time with my dear friend and one of my sole-mates Ashley. She is as sweet as a ripe Georgia Peach kissed by the sun on a Spring day. Any who, she has been having some personal stuff happen with her family and was in need of a little TLC which I was more than happy to share. I love to see her happy and we always have great times together so I suggested we go dancing and it was a blast. We went to The Jungle and danced the night away. At one point in the night all eyes were on her as she swayed from side to side with her eyes closed on the floor looking like a poster child for Studio 54 as she channeled Bianca Jagger in a white sequenced top with neon blue jeans. She had need to just let loose after weeks of a very high strung work schedule and drama.

The following day we went to a jazz brunch and met up with some friends she knew from her old town and spent the rest of the day with them. Went back to one of the friends house and had a drink and tossed the football around in a game of "keep away" from their super hyper dog that had more energy than a room of kindergartners strung out on pixie sticks. It was was a great end to a lovely weekend with my sister from another mother. After we left from her friends house we went to Checkers and had some comfort food before she dropped me off to the train. We had a little girl talk and then I as I always do slipped in some words of wisdom as we often do for each other when we feel it's needed.

I asked her "What was your fear in life?". She said basically "to not accomplish we goal of having her business take off" which involves art and bringing attention to local artist around the country. I followed with "What would you do if you did not accomplish this goal?". Her answer " I would create art work and place it around the city and then travel to other cities and create and connect with other artist and do the same". I responded by saying " So regardless if you become a big success or just a local hit you are going to still pursue your dream of being a creator and nothing will stop you from doing so. So way are stressing out about making things happen you you just said basically to me that you are going to do your art regardless of what the out come".

With this she got misty and I then saw that things started to click into place and my heart was warmed because I know that my sweet friend was starting to stop being uncertain of her future (and that's the thing people, we get so stressed out about out futures but if whatever we want is a burning desire we will make it happen not matter what) All the doubt from her self and her family was chipping away and showing a new beginning. She reached over to me while we were sitting at a stop light and gave me a hug accompanied with a thank you and that was all I need for the rest of the day. This is what Heel My Sole is really about, the healing you get from interaction and helping and be helped.

Let's Heel some Soles people, CHEERS!!!!!!

1 comment: